Thursday, March 22, 2012

Another Chance, Please

Dear Teacher,

Please remember that I am a kid. I can't remember everything yet. My brain is developing and growing.
Give me a second chance... and a third chance...and a fourth.
Yeah, I know what you are going to say. "You won't get a second chance out in the real world."
Well, guess what? Yes I will and I have proof!

  • Steve Jobs got a second chance to run Apple.
  • When my dad's strings broke on his tennis racquet he borrowed one while his was being re-strung.
  • Abraham Lincoln took eight chances to run for public office.
  • When my mom locked the keys in the car, she called my dad and he brought us the spare key.
  • When you posted the wrong worksheet on your website we did the right one the next night.
  • People show up to our town meeting without their town report and there are extras for them to borrow.
In the real world, people help each other and no one person is expected to be good at everything. People watch out for each other and help each other. But at school it seems that I have to be good at so many things that I won't actually ever do when I am an adult. I know, I know, I need to learn the basics. Well, I do try.
But please give me a second chance... and a third chance... and a fourth.
I'm not asking for a second chance on paying my bills.
I'm just asking for another chance to get this assignment right.
I'm just asking for another copy of the paper because I lost the first one.
I'm just asking for you to explain the directions again.

Thank you.
Sincerely,
Your Student



1 comment: