Thursday, March 29, 2012

Dear Teacher,
I'm hungry! No, not hungry for knowledge, hungry for food.
Lunch isn't for another 50 minutes and I haven't eaten since 6:30 when my mom made me swallow down a piece of peanut butter toast and some oj. I can't eat a meal at 6:30, that is way too early for any humans to even be awake. Please understand that I am having a hard time focusing because my stomach is growling, my eyelids feel heavy, and my attention is fading fast.
I need water and food!
I recently read that the teenage brain uses 50% of the calories that are taken in each day. I'm 15 now. I had a birthday last week and I can't wait to start driving in 6 months. My parents took my friends and me bowling for my birthday... Oh yeah, back to my topic. When I read this it made me understand why I am hungry all the time. If my brain needs so much energy then I need to eat more. But I'm embarrassed to. I don't want anyone to see how much I can eat or how much I'd really like to eat! So I don't eat as much as I need to at school. Too high of a price to pay if people think I'm a pig. But a few snacks during the morning would help.
So, please let me eat a snack. Better yet, remind me to eat a snack. Even better, stop class and make us all eat a snack.
Thanks for understanding.

Sincerely,
Your Student

No comments:

Post a Comment